[Xastir] USB on Linux for TNC

Rich Garcia k4gps at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 11 17:03:05 EDT 2003

I was brain dead..thanks Alan but I woke up a couple of moments before I
read your message. Apparently I don't have sbin in the path but I found
it with whereis.

Now I will do modinfo a bit and see what I can delete and not delete.

Rich

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 16:56, Alan Crosswell wrote:
> su
> # /sbin/rmmod ...
>
> Rich Garcia wrote:
> > rmmod does not appear to be a valid command in RH9. I have searched my
> > RH9 for Dummies book (the big one, not appended) and I don't see
> > anything about removing modules except if I re-compile the Kernel.
> >
> > That is a bit of a task for a newbie but I may very well do that
> > sometime soon and delete some of the un-necessary stuff that is taking
> > up resources and probably slowing me down.
> >
> > I looked at the file in the kernel library and there are several USB
> > modules in there. I'll need to re-boot and see exactly what is what. I
> > don't want to change the name of the incorrect USB module. I think it is
> > the HID module but I am not sure if HID is JUST for the keyboard and
> > mouse or other things. I do not see anything that states keyboard or
> > mouse.

> >>Try 'rmmod usbkbd ; rmmod usbmouse'.
> >>
> >>If they are included as modules (which is the case in the stock Debian
> >>kernels I use), rmmod will shut them off.  If that works, you can
> >>reconfigure whatever is used to load modules initially to remove those
> >>references.
> >>
> >>Bob, N7XY

Rich Garcia K4GPS
Jupiter Farms FL.
www.richgarcia.net
Jupiter Farms Community Emergency Response Team