[Xastir] Wisconsin Maps...???

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Jun 12 12:24:17 EDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Larry Shields wrote:

> Can someone point me to where I can download maps for the South Central
> Wisconsin area...???

In what map format?

If you're running the latest CVS Xastir version and have run
"./bootstrap.sh" and "./configure" before making/installing, you'll
have online Tigermaps, Topo maps, and Satellite images available to
you (assuming you compiled with ImageMagick support).

If you want local maps (for speed reasons or mobility), then you
have a lot of options.  README.MAPS should tell you some places to
get maps, and the Features page from www.xastir.org has some as
well.  Install the libraries needed for each map type you desire.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin