[Xastir] Xastir + Cygwin

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Jun 13 16:51:28 EDT 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, James Mackie wrote:

> The problem is I cannot get Xastir to connect to my radio thru Cygwin.
> Always give a 'Hard Fail'. I was able to fix this on my RH9 machine by
> modifying the permisions on the /dev/ttyS0 file, however. On cygwin the
> 'device' that it is trying to open is 'com1' and cygwin has no /dev folder
> :)

When I configured a GPS device on a serial port for testing, I used
just "com2".

Later on we should tweak Xastir so that "com1" or "com2" show up as
Cygwin defaults instead of "/dev/ttyS0".

Actually, I just tried creating a new serial TNC interface on Cygwin
and it defaulted to "com1", so perhaps we already did this...

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin