[Xastir] Re: Xastir 1.2 STABLE has been released

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Jun 16 13:41:21 EDT 2003

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, KC7ZRU - Tate wrote:

> Ok - no biggie, but obviously something at sourceforge isn't quite
> synched up, yet. I'm sure it'll settle down sooner or later.

Yea.... August!

I know someone else mentioned it, but here are the full details
regarding the anonymous CVS server being behind the 8-ball a bit:

"( 2003-06-13 08:17:23 - Project CVS Services )   The
SourceForge.net team is aware of the continued performance issues
afflicting project CVS services. While a portion of the work needed
to alleviate these issues has been completed, we are currently
waiting for the implementation of new hardware to complete this
work; this is expected to occur in the month of August. In the mean
time, the following steps will be taken by SourceForge.net staff:
developer (SSH) CVS access will not be changed; pserver-based CVS
access from the project shell servers (i.e. from cron jobs) will not
be changed, but the overall cap of pserver connections from the
shell will be lowered to a more reasonable level; pserver-based CVS
access from external hosts (i.e. not the project shell server) will
be served against the backup CVS server, which contains data roughly
24 hours older than that on the primary CVS server; ViewCVS access
will be provided using the backup CVS server (data shown by ViewCVS
may be older than the current data in the repository). These changes
will be transparent to users and will not require any configuration
changes on your part. These measures are temporary and will be
removed pending the successful completion of our work to improve
performance on the primary CVS server. It is our expectation that
offloading ViewCVS services and pserver-based CVS access to the
backup CVS server will bring developer CVS performance back to a
reasonable level.  Should you have questions or concerns regarding
this matter, please contact the SourceForge.net team by submitting a
Support Request."

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin