[Xastir] Moved "tmp" files out of /var/tmp (CVS)

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Jun 20 20:35:20 EDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> This is traditionally a feature.

Yep!

> This should be done outside of xastir, perhaps with a script that is
> contributed by a user.  This kind of script is definitely valuable,
> but it shouldn't be part of xastir itself.  If we had a contrib
> directory, I'd say to stick it there.

I'm investigating a nice way to do it.  It looks like Apache allows
you to set up the public_html access, and then to allow symlinks if
the owner matches.  That looks like the best way to do it, but I
don't have it working yet.  Set that up, then create a symlink:

~/public_html/snapshot.png -> ~/.xastir/tmp/xastir_<user>_snapshot.png

The map downloads, track downloads, etc also use the .xastir/tmp
directory.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin