[Xastir] Okay, so it only transmits when the GPS interface isstarted?

BobDonnell at arkalmus.com BobDonnell at arkalmus.com
Wed Mar 5 19:42:29 EST 2003

It's my recollection that this was a conscious design choice, since
typical immobile stations do not need to know where they are, i.e. have
a GPS connected and running on Xastir.  The idea here was that if GPS
was active, that there was a reason for having it active, and that the
program would consider an active GPS port to be an indication of having
a mobile station - and that if GPS data failed, that we didn't want to
have invalid position reports being transmitted.  Having GPS active for
other reasons, like time setting, etc. would normally be handled by a
different application.

73, Bob, KD7NM