[Xastir] AX25 Digi'ing

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Mar 10 15:32:00 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Olivier Calle wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Tom Robson wrote:
> TR> I must be missing something.... I thought I read a while ago somewhere
> TR> (either help or README.1st) that the config file could be modified to permit
> TR> digi-peating with ax25.  Can't find it any more or I'm blind.  I see the
> TR> greyed out button is activated on the properties box.
>
> It's a source code mode.  Look for I_WANT_TO_TRY_AX25_RELAY_DIGIPEAT in
> db.c and interface_gui.c and uncomment the #defines.  It could probably be
> enabled in the source by default.  I've been using it for a while now with
> no noticeable problems.

Note that Olivier has been using it with the Soundmodem interface
with AX.25 kernel networking.  I'd be interested in reports of
people trying it with Serial KISS interfaces, which is the other
type of interface where it was implemented.

Serial TNC interfaces (other than KISS) don't need it, as you can
turn on relay digipeat in the TNC setup file.

If people thing it works well enough, we'll allow it in the user
interface by default.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin