[Xastir] CVS Updating

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Mar 12 17:55:13 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Tom Robson wrote:

> When updating, does ./bootstrap.sh have to be run every time? If not, when
> does it have to run first?

My rule is:  If anything in the xastir/ directory has changed that
might affect Makefiles or "configure", then run "bootstrap.sh" (and
the following commands), otherwise it's not needed.  If the
Makefile.am files in the subdirectories have changed, you'll need to
"bootstrap.sh" as well.

If you've added new libraries that you want Xastir to recognize and
use, you'll need to run "./configure" (and the following commands).

If only doc files, src/*.h or src/*.c file have changed, you don't
need to run bootstrap.sh _or_ configure.  Just "make" and "make
install".

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin