[Xastir] festival support

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Mar 14 17:05:29 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, vic alger wrote:

> Is there anybody out here in never never land using festival with xastir,
> successfully?....

Yes.

> I compiled from sources the festival-1.4.3-release.tar.gz and the
> speech_tools-1.2.3-release.tar.gz successfully using the festlex_CMU and
> festlex_POSLEX and the festvox_kallpc16k  files as directed on the festival
> site....

In order to get it all to work, I had to install from RPM's instead
of from source.  I didn't devote a lot of time to trying to get it
working from sources, but I didn't want to at the time either.

> xastir is compiled with festival support as directed....
>
> started xastir and enabled speech for tnc only and the program hangs like
> something is not communicating between xastir and festival...
>
> running xastir as root....   tried festival --server as root and normall
> user... same results...

What OS is this?  Perhaps some of the OS-specific #ifdef's aren't
set correctly for your OS.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin