[Xastir] System power needed

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Mar 28 01:37:18 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Jacob Tennant wrote:

> I have just started looking into Xastir from WinAPRS. I have a IBM 770
> laptop with 233MMX proc. 98mbRAM, 4GB HD, with Win98se loaded on it.
>
> With using cygwin to make xastir run, do I have enough power to run this on
> the laptop?
>
> It is my main APRS system for both home and truck.

Sorry, couldn't tell you.  What you could do is try it, and if it
doesn't work out on that system, delete it.  I've tried it on systems
with a bit more horsepower than that so far.  I don't use Cygwin/
Xastir on a regular basis, preferring Xastir/Linux instead.

You could also turn it into a dual-boot Linux/Win98 box, and boot
into whatever system you wanted to use at the time.  I've done this
on several laptops.  I know for a fact that you have enough
horsepower there to run Xastir under Linux.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer