[Xastir] XASTIR MAPS - How To...? HELP

George Smart (Linux PC) george.smart1 at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 30 10:54:32 EST 2003

Hi All.

I know that this question may sound sill to most, but today, I MANAGED
to install XASTIR onto my Computer (running Red-Hat Linux 8.00), and i
have had it all going, people can see me on there maps, and i can see
people, so to speak...  Then, come the question of how to get all these
callsigns to mean something.  I searched the net  (with Google
(www.google.co.uk)) for anything to do with APRS, XASTIR, Maps, and UK,
and found a site, where i downloaded about 100 maps in a file format of
"[File_Name].MAP", and they are in a *.ZIP file.  after extracting them,
i read the README.1ST file, the README.TXT file, and the FAQs.TXT,
trying to find out what i had to do, but could not see anything.

If anyone can answer my question it would be VERY much appreciated.

73 de George Smart - 2E1ZZZ / M3PKT
Essex, South-East England, United Kingdom.