[Xastir] Thanks for the help everyone

Rich Garcia k4gps at bellsouth.net
Fri May 2 11:23:26 EDT 2003

Well it appears that Xastir is finally on the move. I am showing over
5,800 stations and apparently ImageMagick and libcurl are installed
properly since the On-Line tiger maps are working. I have DL my county
data and am ready to attack that.

I may not be any Linux guru by any standard but at least now I have my
main application of interest installed in a box and I can boot into
Linux and stay here much longer than before instead of Win2K. So far I
have been able to stay in Linux for 5 days without a Windows boot and
now I expect that to be much longer eventually having Linux in my main
machine only and moving Win2K into the older box for anything that may
come up.

As someone recently said Xastir is not for "sissies" and that is very
true. Just like behind the wheel, I wanted to learn to drive a stick so
I drove into a busy city moments after getting into my first stick shift
car, I learned REALLY FAST! Hopefully with all the help I got here and
the complexity of Xastir somewhat behind me I will be able to tackle
other linux projects and find success a bit sooner than normal. Now of
to my Firewall/Server project! The wife and kid are off to work/school
and I took Friday/Monday off, nothing like jumping in with 2 feet and
the loss of some hair...not that I have much!

Rich K4GPS