[Xastir] Problems with NWS maps?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat May 3 16:38:26 EDT 2003

On Sat, 3 May 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> I get this output when I try to use NWS maps:
>
> convert_to_xastir_coordinates:Longitude out-of-range (too low):-180.047455
> NWS/hz02oc01.shp

> Does this happen to anyone else?

Yep.  I talked to NOAA about it.  The software they're using to put
in the polygons allows longitudes outside the range of -180 to +180.
They need that for some of the islands and other areas that cross the
boundary.

They didn't want to fix it in their maps, even though technically
it's wrong.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer