[Xastir] Map files

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat May 3 16:42:26 EDT 2003

On Sat, 3 May 2003, John L Place wrote:

> According to the compile output I do. Will redo it anyway and check the
> log files.
> I am getting the weather outline plots.

Ok, that means Shapefiles are working for you then.

If you've located them in the /usr/local/xastir/maps heirarchy
somewhere and you've re-indexed (starting Xastir will also cause it
to find new maps), then perhaps you have Map Chooser in directory
view instead of file view?

The files should appear in your ~/xastir/config/map_index.sys file
once the map indexer function has found and indexed them.  If they're
not in there, they won't show up in the Map Chooser.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer