[Xastir] Re: [Xastir-Dev] Argh! make problems

Chuck Byam cbyam at virginia.edu
Sun May 4 19:52:48 EDT 2003

On Sunday 04 May 2003 00:49, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:
: Fixed.  Loaded.  Seems to be working.
:
: RH 9.0, latest Proj4, ShapeLibs, ImageMagic 5.5.6 with the RH distro,
: ax25 libs and tools, etc.  CVS as of this afternoon.
:
: I'm seeing some anomolies like this:
: Warning:
:      Name: create_appshell text_output
:      Class: XmTextField
:      Character '\55' not supported in font.  Discarded.
: ... I'm not sure what they mean, yet but I'm watching them.
:
: Lookin' good so far, guys...

This has to do with localization and OpenMotif/Lesstif.  For most of us this
is a benign message and can be ignored.  If you simply can't stand it any
more set LANG = C or en_US  In RH 9 the default LANG is set to en_US.UTF-8
and this is where the "warning" are coming from.  I played around with
resolving this some time ago and didn't have much luck.  I think that in v2
we should move to a more generic localization process so that we could move
away from the independent language files.

-- Chuck