[Xastir] Segfault

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon May 5 17:34:36 EDT 2003

I didn't get the segfault (although I've seen it before when Curt's
doing wholesale CVS updates and I catch him in between a couple of file
uploads), but xastir was just using 60% of CPU (per top) an the whole
machine slowed to a crawl.  I had to kill it to get any relief.  It also
wasn't talking well to any of the connected servers...

Any thoughts of updating to a more modern kernel?  Did you have packet
logging on so we can see if it was a killer packet?  Have you considered
killing your config file in case there's something in it that's causing
problems, and rebuilding same?

gerry