[Xastir] USGS DRG maps again

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed May 7 16:30:26 EDT 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, J. Lance Cotton wrote:

> I recompiled libproj, libtiff, and libgeotiff in that order. No change.

And re-comfigured I assume?  Particularly libgeotiff...

> Setting Xastir's debug level to 512 and deleting the index file causes the
> following output (sample):
>
> /usr/local/xastir/maps/filled/usgs_drg/o30096d3.fgd
> West Bounding:  -96.375000
> East Bounding:  -96.250000
> North Bounding: 30.500000
> South Bounding: 30.375000
> 30.375000 30.500000 -96.375000 -96.250000
>
> This indicates that the fgd file is being read properly. Why isn't the map
> index getting the right numbers? Is this in either the projection
> translation? The xastir-coordinates translation?

Yea, it looks like the .FGD file is getting read properly, but
perhaps the geoTIFF tags in the map file itself are not correct.

Are all of your geoTIFF maps messed up, including ones that used to
work, or is it just newer maps that don't work right?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin