[Xastir] USGS DRG maps again

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed May 7 18:28:16 EDT 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003, J. Lance Cotton wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 May 2003 16:34, Curt Mills wrote:
> > Tell me what versions of libtiff, libproj, and libgeotiff you have
> > installed on your system.
> >
> > I assume that Xastir told you it was going to install libgeotiff
> > support at the "configure" stage?
>
> Yes. I get a "Yes" on every line (woot! or something)
>
> libtiff 3.5.7
> libproj 4.4.7
> libgeotiff 1.1.4

Here are the exact versions that are working for me:

libtiff-3.5.5-195 (SuSE RPM)
tiff-3.5.5-195 (SuSE RPM)
libgeotiff-1.1.5.tar.gz
proj-4.4.6 (or proj-4.4.7, I think they both work ok)
proj-nad27-1.1

I believe I had libgeotiff-1.1.3 and 1.1.4 working ok as well, and
proj-4.4.2 and 4.4.5 at different times.

libgeotiff-1.2.0 won't work on this system because my libtiff is too
old for it.  When I upgrade this OS I'll probably have to change to
libgeotiff-1.2.0.

Can you send me the "xastir -v2047" output from loading just one
geotiff files?

Can you also try downloading these example maps and verify that they
don't work for you either?  Those maps are guaranteed to be correct.
They display properly on my system.  That removes the possibility
that it's the maps that are incorrect on your system.  The more
variables knocked out of the equation, the better.  You can also
snag and try libgeotiff-1.1.5 there if you think that might help.
Just back up a couple of directories and then go into the
"libgeotiff/" directory:

    http://wetnet.net/~we7u/xastir/maps/geotiff/

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin