[Xastir] practicle aprs

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed May 7 20:56:18 EDT 2003

On 7 May 2003, Rich Garcia wrote:

> NOW that is a feature idea that makes me drool.. I have a weather web
> page up for our cert team. If Xastir could grab a shot and then FTP it
> to the correct place that would be Sweeet!
>
> A few static file names could be set for the shots you intend to save so
> that the html code could stay the same all the time.

Perl is your friend.  So is cron.   You could set up a Perl5 script
to run every few minutes and check the timestamp on the snapshot
file in /var/tmp.  If it has changed, use wget to send it up to
some web site automatically.  You could even rotate through a set of
filenames automatically that way, like snap00.png through snap99.png
and then rotate back to 00.

Another thing you can do is to set up Apache on the same box, and
server up the 5-minute snapshot directly from you own web pages
there.  Works great, and I'm doing that at work for internal use.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer