[Xastir] More testing with cygwin--gpsman/gpsmanshp

Kirk Mefford kc2elo at softhome.net
Fri May 9 17:19:45 EDT 2003

At 03:51 PM 5/9/2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
>On Fri, 9 May 2003, Kirk Mefford wrote:
>
> > I can't even get gpsmanshp to compile under cygwin.  It seems it can't find
> > the needed libs to link to compile.  I toyed with the makefile a little but
> > no matter what I try it can't find the files needed.
>
>If you can send me all the text that's generated when you try to
>compile it, I might be able to help.

Here's what I get running the standard makefile

$ make
gcc -Wall -fPIC -c -I/usr/include/tcl8.3 gpsmanshp.c
cc1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is postion independent)
gpsmanshop.c: In function 'nodbffields':
gpsmanshop.c:206: warning: deprecated use of label at end of compound statement
gcc -shared -o gpsmanshp.so -lshp -ltcl8.3 gpsmanshp.o
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
cannot fi
nd -ltcl8.3
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [gpsmanshp.so] Error 1

This is with the following in the makefile:
TCLVERSION = 8.3

INSTALLDIR = /usr/lib/tcl$(TCLVERSION)

CFLAGS = -Wall -fPIC -c -I/usr/include/tcl$(TCLVERSION)
LINKOPT = -lshp -ltcl$(TCLVERSION)

gpsmanshp.so: gpsmanshp.o
         $(CC) -shared -o gpsmanshp.so $(LINKOPT) gpsmanshp.o

gpsmanshp.o: gpsmanshp.c
         $(CC) $(CFLAGS) gpsmanshp.c

pkgIndex.tcl: gpsmanshp.so
         echo "pkg_mkIndex -lazy -verbose . gpsmanshp.so" | tclsh$(TCLVERSION)
         chmod 644 gpsmanshp.so pkgIndex.tcl

install: pkgIndex.tcl
         -mkdir $(INSTALLDIR)
         cp gpsmanshp.so pkgIndex.tcl $(INSTALLDIR)

clean:
         rm -f gpsmanshp.o gpsmanshp.so pkgIndex.tcl
---------
I've tried changing various file/path names and tclversion information
since I have version 8.3 of tcl but I am missing something somewhere.  The
results are always basically the same.  It always has a reference to not
being able to find one or the other of the 2 files it's trying to link to.