[Xastir] What's up with CVS?

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon May 12 07:38:48 EDT 2003

While I knonw Kurt's been having problems with RH9, I don't see these on
my system.  Trouble is, I don't recall all of the permutations I used to
get stuff installed, now.  I don't tend to use rpms for shplib or proj,
or for geotiff.  I recall a time-sequence dependency from a couple of
weeks ago, where the cvs tree had to be introduced _after_ teh ancillary
programs were on the system, installed, and added to the lib list...
which is wierd...

My RH9 system is "running fine" which means it's loading appropriate
maps and rasters, tracking etc.  It now uses more resource than my last
stable setup did, before I blew away everything and installed RH9, and
blew away my exastis files for the great autoconf updates.  And it
exhibits strange behavior WRT servers, loss of dialup IP connectivity
and reconnects. (of course, having said that, it's now connected fine,
for over 12 hours, making this the longest run so far on this CVS
download... guess it's time to pull another update...)

gerry