[Xastir] cvs notes w/cygwin

Kirk Mefford kc2elo at softhome.net
Tue May 13 15:29:53 EDT 2003

At 02:14 PM 5/13/2003, Jack Twilley wrote:
>Traditionally, the README.win32 file is for issues regarding xastir
>itself and libraries and applications it uses.  Strictly speaking,
>this issue -- while important -- is with the CVS application, which is
>neither part of xastir nor is it used by xastir, which is probably why
>it's not covered.

I made note of it because the readme.win32 file does make a note about
making ".cvsrc"  It would make sense to point out to those who are trying
to understand everything involved with installing xastir under windows
systems.  The way the file is created obviously matters and isn't something
most people would think about.

>The assumption is that folks who use the CVS
>version of xastir know how to use CVS.

That's not a fair assumption to make.  Just because someone goes through
the trouble to get xastir running doesn't mean they know the ins and outs
of every program used.

The README.win32 file does a pretty good job of detailing exactly what
needs to be done to make Xastir run on a win32 machine for those that may
not know squat about unix/linux.  I was just trying to make one of those
such details more clear.