[Xastir] Mac OSX 10.2.6 Libraries

Dennis Hudson n2lbt at n2lbt.com
Wed May 14 10:47:51 EDT 2003

Oh, sorry, I'm not having any trouble with xastir. I've been running it
from the beginning. I was lucky enough to get to test the beta code
originally. Man was it a battle to get LessTif running back then. Fink
and Fink commander ROCK (GUI interface for a package manager, I think
based on apt-get)

What I was wondering was if anyone has had any luck with using the
external libraries with OSX and how did they compile and link the
libraries?

Imagemagick 5.5.1-2 this didn't work for me
imagemagick 5.5.1-3 seems to work nicely

AX25 ??? Would be nice to connect to the local aprsd using ax.25 to
share TNC resources with the freedom to use different paths than just
connecting with UDP and being stuck with the default My guess is we
will never get apple to build it into the OS. Bummer.

GeoTiff ??? I spent a lot of time setting up DEM maps with MacAPRS I'd
like to use those and more

ShapeLib ??? This is a must. I am fascinated by Tiger Maps, especially
how they look on xastir, I must have this for the road. I must have
this to demonstrate Xastir to the people I meet.

Festival ??? Ahh, this is just a neat toy. I use it to do some stuff on
my IRLP node. Yeah the voices stink but it seems to be the best way to
generate dynamic information vocally. What would be really neat would
be to allow access to the OS's text to speech stuff.

GPSMan  I have no idea what this is. Sounds cool though.

--
Dennis, N2LBT
Sysop aprsdALY IGate
n2lbt at n2lbt.com