[Xastir] Mac OSX 10.2.6 Libraries

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed May 14 16:36:38 EDT 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Jerry Chamberlin wrote:

> 	How does one make shapfiles from tiger maps?

One does not have to.  It's already been done.  The proper method
though would be to bring up a GIS program like GRASS or one of the
ESRI offerings, suck in the Tiger raw data, and spit out Shapefiles
for each layer.

ESRI and Mapshots.com have already done it, and you can download the
layers for free.  Tiger/2000 data as I recall for the ESRI data.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin