[Xastir] Mac OSX 10.2.6 Libraries

Dennis Hudson n2lbt at n2lbt.com
Thu May 15 09:41:09 EDT 2003

Thanks Dave, that is what I was looking for. I downloaded the entire
Xastir archive and was wading through and couldn't really find that
data. Now that it's posted it looks familiar. I'll start working on it.

I wondered what had happened to Xastir, I thought I was subscribed to
the list all along but I haven't seen a message from the Xastir-Friends
list since January of last year :(

Dennis

On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 09:08 US/Eastern, Dave MacCarn wrote:

>> ShapeLib ??? This is a must. I am fascinated by Tiger Maps, especially
>> how they look on xastir, I must have this for the road. I must have
>> this to demonstrate Xastir to the people I meet.
>
> Bill Owen, N2RKL, suggested the following for ShapeLib and it worked
> for me.
>
> "The shapelib Makefile wouldn't work out of the box, so I figured out
> what
> the important bits were and built them by hand:"
>
>   cc -c shpopen.c
>   cc -c shptree.c
>   cc -c dbfopen.c
>   ar cru libshp.a shpopen.o shptree.o dbfopen.o
>   sudo cp libshp.a /sw/lib
>   sudo ranlib /sw/lib/libshp.a
>   sudo mkdir /sw/include/libshp
>   sudo cp shapefil.h /sw/include/libshp/
>
> If any one gets GeoTiff running please post.
>
> Regards,
> Dave, N1BHX

Dennis, N2LBT
Sysop aprsdALY IGate