[Xastir] Mac OSX 10.2.6 Libraries

Dave MacCarn dave_maccarn at wgbh.org
Thu May 15 09:03:17 EDT 2003

> ShapeLib ??? This is a must. I am fascinated by Tiger Maps, especially
> how they look on xastir, I must have this for the road. I must have
> this to demonstrate Xastir to the people I meet.

Bill Owen, N2RKL, suggested the following for ShapeLib and it worked
for me.

"The shapelib Makefile wouldn't work out of the box, so I figured out
what
the important bits were and built them by hand:"

   cc -c shpopen.c
   cc -c shptree.c
   cc -c dbfopen.c
   ar cru libshp.a shpopen.o shptree.o dbfopen.o
   sudo cp libshp.a /sw/lib
   sudo ranlib /sw/lib/libshp.a
   sudo mkdir /sw/include/libshp
   sudo cp shapefil.h /sw/include/libshp/

If any one gets GeoTiff running please post.

Regards,
Dave, N1BHX