[Xastir] Stray Character

Gerry Wheeler gwheelerx at qolpublishing.com
Thu May 15 17:07:42 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 13:34, dale huguley wrote:
> In all station info pop-up boxes I am getting an odd character at the
> end of the temp and wind course fields on all stations with wx info
> --looks like an "A" with a carot.  Anyone else geting this? Running Rh 9
> with last nights cvs.

I have seen that too. I sometimes remember to start Xastir like this:

> env LANG=C xastir

(and sometimes I forget). I think the funny character shows up when I
forget, but I'm not certain of that association. That same command
sequence allows Adobe Acrobat Reader to run on my RH 9.0 system, so I
made a two-line shell script to do that -- I need to do the same thing
for Xastir so it always gets started correctly.

Gerry KG4NBB