[Xastir] Can't find ImageMagick lib

Jack Reilly aa6vn at pacbell.net
Fri May 16 06:49:21 EDT 2003

On Thursday 15 May 2003 17:10, Jack Twilley wrote:
> WARNING: Unsanitized content follows.
> WARNING: Unsanitized content follows.

> Goodness, this could get confusing. :-)
>
> I've snipped out the important part:
>
> Jack>
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/3.3/../../../../i486-suse-linux/bin/ld:
> Jack> cannot find -llcms collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> The compiler can't find the library named "lcms".  This library is
> required by ImageMagick -- it's found in the output of "Magick-config
> - --libs".  I don't know what package it's in on your system, but on
> FreeBSD it's a separate package of its own.

Thanks!    Suse 8.2 has a package  "liblcms"  It was installed. But there was
also liblcms-devel which was not installed. When I added that ./configure
went all ok with ImageMagick.  Make and make- installl also seem to go ahead.

But when I did an xastir &  I got a big output beginning with:
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (20831360) for COORDINATE_SYSTEM in
config file, changing to 1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for MAP_DRAW_FILLED_COLORS in
config file, changing to 1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (1) for ALTNET in config file,
changing to 0
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for MAPS_LABELS in config file,
changing to 1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for MAPS_AUTO_MAPS_SKIP_RASTER in
config file, changing to 0
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for MAPS_INDEX_ON_STARTUP in
config file, changing to 1
and ending with:
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (-1) for MAP_CHOOSER_EXPAND_DIRS in
config file, changing to 0
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (-1) for ST_DIRECT_TIMEOUT in config
file, changing to 3600
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (-1) for DEAD_RECKONING_TIMEOUT in
config file, changing to 600
Bitmap not found: /usr/lib/xastir/symbols/2x2.xbm

This looks vaguely familiar  But I cannot remember how to fix it.

Jack
aa6vn at pacbell.net