[Xastir] Cygwin MAJOR Improvement!

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri May 16 14:07:22 EDT 2003

I updated the README.win32 file to reflect the new method of using
Cygwin:  You create a shortcut to the
c:\cygwin\usr\x11r6\bin\startxwin.bat file on your desktop, start up
Xwindows that way, and you just get a BASH shell on your desktop
instead of the whole X11 window.

You then type "xastir &" in that shell, and an Xastir window comes
up, again without the extra X11 large window.

X11 and Windows apps can now live concurrently on your desktop.
Very nice.  Hummingbird eXceed could do that, and I think people
want that sort of capability.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin