[Xastir] Xastir on Windows/Cygwin

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun May 18 08:48:22 EDT 2003

Er... on RH 9, and RH8... and for that matter my remaining RH7.3 system,
bootstrap.sh still works fine.  All of them now have perl 5.8.  There
are enough silly little differences between 5.6 and 5.8 that I can't
stand to have 2 different versions.  Since no one told me I couldn't, I
just did it, and xastir worked.

Now, the same's not true for another poject: I spent weeks finding
glitches in programming - that shouldn't have happened and were,
technically poor practice, if widely accepted - caused by an initial
migration to 5.8.  But the xastir stuff just worked.  At least for me.

73, gerry