[Xastir] error message

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed May 21 12:47:23 EDT 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, John Place wrote:

> What causes this? Got it after downloading latest cvs this morning.
> Getting it on configure and make.
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `README.1ST', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.

README.1ST is not longer part of Xastir.  It's been split into other
files.

You probably need to run "./bootstrap.sh", and the "./configure"
again, to re-create your makefiles, then you should be ok again.

Another thing you might need to do if CVS keeps complaining about
that file when you attempt CVS updates, is edit your CVS/Entries
file to remove the entry for README.1ST.  One of the little
annoyances with CVS.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin