[Xastir] Stymied...

Rich Garcia k4gps at bellsouth.net
Wed May 21 14:54:42 EDT 2003

For a view from a new user this is what I have noticed off the cuff...

Cleanup of the documents.. Right now I am trying to look for the CVS
instructions and I can't find a First Time Install section under
Install. I think in my case I made the same mistake several others have
made and installed the stable version first and found out that it did
not work. Then I upgraded and now I have two instances of Xastir on my
HD and I don't know which is which. When I run Xastir about states 1.1.4
but I don't know if that get's updated. Chances are that the documents
are in there but I am looking in the old directory.

Also when documentation is made can a date be added to the top line and
updated each time a change is made ? Some have it and some do not. That
would tell me if I were looking at a 2002 version of Xastir or a 2003
CVS, not to mention having About updated...

Back to the folders...trying to once and for all delete whatever old
version of Xastir I have and keep the CVS without breaking something...

Rich

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 14:37, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> You start the process with './bootstrap.sh', which will invoke
> autoconf, creating configure.  See the "First Time Install" section in
> INSTALL.
>
> Bob, N7XY
>
> On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 02:20:27PM -0400, Wes Johnston wrote:
> > I am soooo frustrated....  I downloaded the CVS version sources and
> > tried to compile... there is no configure file in there to start the
> > process.... so now I'm trying to download 1.1.5 .  Got it from two
> > different servers and still get an error which says the file is not a
> > Gzip file when I try to untarball it.  arrrrghhhhh........
> >
> > Wes
Rich Garcia K4GPS
Jupiter Farms FL.
www.richgarcia.net
Jupiter Farms Community Emergency Response Team