[Xastir] Stymied...

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Thu May 22 05:48:36 EDT 2003

On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 04:23 AM, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> On Wed, 21 May 2003, Bob Nielsen wrote:
>
>> I thought the plan was to create a "stable" 1.1.4 version before 1.1.5
>> was started.
>
> The number isn't all that important.  The plan is to create a
> "stable" release.  It'll most likely be called 1.1.6 when we're all
> done.  Then again, we could leave it at 1.1.5.

The number is a little bit important if we want to package up the
resultant code into a FreeBSD, Fink or DarwinPorts port/package.  They
rely on the version number incrementing in a predictable way.

Can I make a small suggestion?

Since the last "stable" release was 1.1.0 over 18 months ago and we
have been working with 1.1.4 and 1.1.5, perhaps we could bump the
version number up to 1.2 for this release and then the quarterly
releases could be 1.2.x.  That should carry us through until 2.x.x is
ready.  From the talk on the list it doesn't seem likely there will be
an update worthy of calling 1.3.x. :)

Carl.