[Xastir] ./configure source 1.1.5 of may 15

Han Sytsma middenveld at tip.nl
Fri May 23 19:15:51 EDT 2003

Hi,

There still seems to be a problem with the configure script concerning Image
Magic:

I did setup a fresh Suse 8.2 professional system, completely out off the box
(5 cd's!), so no user compiling has been done except for Xastir.

Conditions:
- Dual Pentium II 450 MHz processor (2), 128 MB Ram on a Intel BX chipset
- nvidia Geforce 2MX / 32 MB video card with NVidia drivers downloaded from
the nvidia internet site - so 3D support is included
- kernel 2.4.20
- open motif
- ax25 lib/apps/tools included with the Suse package
- no image magick
- xastir: downloaded version of may 15 (1.1.5)

I ran ./configure for xastir and compiled it with no problem, including ax25
support. Xastir was up and running in no time.

Now I decided it would be nice to include Image Magick and installed the
components (5.5.4) from the source cd's.
I ran ./configure again and ax25 support was gone??, the script was
complaining it could not open ax25 ports. No Image Magick support either.

Since I recognised this error from Mandrake 9.0 / RH 9.0 I deleted the
complete source tree and used a fresh copy from the source tarball.
However.. this did not help this time to solve the problem.
Image Magick may not be quite compatible, but this should not affect the
ax25 component - ax25 is running with linkt etc without a problem.

Is somebody working on this item? What I mean is that I probably can solve
the problem by manipulating the software, but if testing for a new script is
needed I can leave the computer in this state for a few days.

73 Han, PE1FAM