[Xastir] maps

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Sat May 24 12:54:03 EDT 2003

The NWS shapefile maps in the Counties directory are only for displaying
weather alerts. They don't pull any weather data by loading them.

By weather maps, do you mean radar, satellite, something else? You can find
.GEO maps that will pull radar images on Curt's ftp site at:

ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/a/archer/aprs/xastir/radar-geos.tgz

But note that if you pick several radar maps at the same time, it can take a
few minutes to load each one off of the internet.

You didn't say what other maps you had enabled or how fast your processor is.

-Lance