[Xastir] more map stuff

Chris Bell cbell at junknet.com
Wed May 28 23:34:49 EDT 2003

> You guys got me tinkering again.
>
> Tonight's CVS.  ImageMagik 5.4.5, Debian 2.2 w/Kernel .2.2.19.  Tiger
> maps work.  Terraserver results in a totally black image.  Toposerver
> is green.  X still crashes after a random time with graphically 'busy'
> apps on a microchannel machine (no, I don't expect anyone to care
> anymore).  My uptime is measured in days or hours, instead of weeks or
> months like youse guys.  I suppose all this is related to the fact that
> I am currently limited to 8 BPP video on this 'obsolete' computer.
>
> Guess I'll have to try a newer IBM....

One thing you can try is the "-i" command line switch to xastir, this
installs a private colormap.  Then our older 8-bit color systems can
display more colors.  [I use mostly old suns, most have 8bit color,
and work just fine thankyou!]

Can't help much with the crashing... do you mean the app crashes or
the whole X server process?   Do other apps behave the same, or just
xastir?  error messages?

Solid black images are usually a buggy version of imagemagick.

Chris.
KD6ZWR
cbell at junknet.com