[Xastir] Quick question about Automake - Makefile.am

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri May 30 12:24:03 EDT 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Dick C. Reichenbach wrote:

> How can I alter the src/Makefile.am so that when I do a make install it
> automaticly sets the executable to 4755?

Easiest way is to make a script that does what you want, and always
use that script in order to do an update.

Perhaps something like this:

    #!/bin/sh

    cd /home/<user>/src/xastir
    /usr/bin/cvs update
    ./bootstrap.sh
    ./configure
    /usr/bin/make

    # You might want to pause here and check that everything
    # succeeded before continuing with the install.  That way you
    # don't overwrite a working install with a non-working one.

    /usr/bin/make install-strip
    chmod 4555 /usr/local/bin/xastir

Note:  Untested.  Use at your own risk.

With this method you won't have to patch the Xastir sources/scripts
at all.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin