[Xastir] tiger maps?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Nov 3 10:08:20 EST 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> Ah, but  this isn't the APRS list, so we're not LIKELY to get yelled
> at... And the subject line is still well within the bounds of xastir
> topics...

Especially since they do tracking of things like Elk, bears,
cougars, etc around here for scientific purposes!  That's kind'a
like APRS isn't it?

I had a cougar collar for a few months while in college.  Was
intending to work up a doppler system for them for that frequency.
They were stuck with yagi's:  It's hard to find a downed cougar with
those once you get close.  At the saturation point they resorted to
a grid search and forgot about the beacon.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin