[Xastir] Problems trying to compileon debian

Gale Wilkinson gdwrbw at ftc-i.net
Tue Nov 4 18:22:56 EST 2003

Just installed Debian (stable) and got the latest Xastir by cvs.
However, while trying to run ./bootstrap.sh,
 it errors out with the following:

Removing autom4te.cache directort
Running alocal
Running autoheader
autoheader2.50:  `config.h.in' is created
Running autoconf
configure.ac:38: error: Possibly undefined macro: AC_GNU_SOURCE
Running automake
automake:configure.ac: installing `./install.sh'
automake:configure.ac: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake:configure.ac: installing `./missing'
automake:configure.ac: installing `./config.guess'
automake:configure.ac: installing `./config.sub'
Makefile.am:2: option `dist-bzip2' not recognized
scripts/Makefile.am:3: invalid variable `pkglib_SCRIPTS'
scripts/Makefile.am:3: invalid variable `pkglib_SCRIPTS'

The only thing I recognized out of this is bzip2, and I verified that it
is indeed installed on the system.

Any help would be greatlly appreciated.

    Gale