[Xastir] problems after upgrade mdk9.1 to 9.2

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Nov 6 01:45:07 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Brenda Wallace wrote:

> I upgraded (rpm only) from 9.1 to 9.2

What's that mean?  Redhat Linux?  Can't be SuSE 'cuz they're at 8.2.

> now xastir 1.2.1 will not open any image map
> i get these messages:
> xastir: No decode delegate for this image format
> (/usr/local/xastir/maps/aerial/ham/aerial_ham_24.jpg).
> xastir: No decode delegate for this image format
> (/usr/local/xastir/maps/aerial/ham/aerial_ham_25.jpg).
> xastir: No decode delegate for this image format
> (/usr/local/xastir/maps/aerial/ham/aerial_ham_26.jpg).
>

> I have installed ImageMagick-5.5.7.10-7plf

The above are ImageMagick problems.  You might need to set
the MAGICK_HOME variable.  Check the ImageMagick docs about
that.  I've seen that error on Windows/Cygwin before and
setting the environment variable fixed it.

> I installed xastir from a tar-balled src
>
> i thought i would try configure and make again, but when i run make i
> get this error:
> cd . && aclocal-1.6 -I m4
> /bin/sh: line 1: aclocal-1.6: command not found
> make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 127
>
> what am i missing?

You need automake 1.6.3 or newer and autoconf 2.53 or newer.
Did you run ./bootstrap.sh before ./configure?

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer