[Xastir] FCC database

KC7ZRU kc7zru at arrl.net
Mon Nov 10 03:09:59 EST 2003

Just got this from another reflector (BeaconNET)- no idea if this'll
affect xastir or not.

If you are a user of my FCC Lookup program, please note that the latest
FCC data this is published on the FCC web site is corrupt and will cause
the indexing routines to fail.  I have determined the FCC has inserted a
number of extraneous 'end-of-line' characters throughout the data files
and this is causing the indexing routines to fail.  If you have not
updated your files in a while, I do not recommend you do that until they
get their act together and fix their screw-up.  In the interim, I have
modified my software to repair their problem and allow the current data
to work.

As a by product of this change, I had to reformat my method of indexing.
  This has actually decreased the search time to find the most distant
record.  The current version is now version 2.1 and is available at
http://home.earthlink.net/~n7yg

Jim K4HAV, I think you are using the same data for your Win1010 program.
  If you contact me off list I can give you the lines to fix if you are
also experiencing a similar problem with your conversion routines.

Jeff Steinkamp - N7YG
Tucson, AZ
SCUD Missile Coordinates
N32-13-52 W110-52-15