[Xastir] tnc's name

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Nov 21 15:14:41 EST 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Massimo Corinaldesi wrote:

> I'm using Xastir 1.2 on a mandrake 9.2 environnment.
>
> I have created three interfaces to three different tncs: tapr, kpc3+, pk232 as I use them for different radio connections.
>
> As I don't give too much chanches to my memory (the one located into my own head), I would apreciate any hints on how to 'name' each interface reference into the interface start/stop window.

If you're running AX.25 kernel networking for these TNC's, then in
your /etc/ax25/axports file, you can name each port whatever you
want.  It's the first parameter on the line.

I have one named "aprs" and another named "opentrac" in my file.

You then use those tags as the interface names in Xastir.

You could name them things like "14439" or perhaps "144.39" (haven't
tried that), or give them text names like I did.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin