[Xastir] win32: keeping the old executable?

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Fri Oct 3 20:38:58 EDT 2003

Any advice on saving my "old" executable before
i do a cvs update & compile it?  Just in case i don't
like what i get when i compile, and want to go back
to using 1.2.1.

This is Cygwin.  xastir.exe is in /usr/local/bin/
I'm wondering if it's enough to keep a copy of the "old"
xastir.exe someplace else, or is there a chance of
the old xastir.exe not working anymore because OTHER
libs or executables have changed with the new compile.

Hope this is clear.  I want to be able to go back to
1.2.1 if i don't get good results with the latest cvs
update.

(Presumably if the compile fails due to errors, the
1.2.1 will continue to work as before.  But not sure
of this either.)

Orrin wn1z