[Xastir] Design of vectorial maps

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Oct 5 21:19:11 EDT 2003

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> Can you find ESRI shapefile format files for Martinique?  If so, these
> will work in Xastir.
>
> If all you can find are ESRI e00 files, I can help there.

You could use Xastir to create them...

Use the GPS to create a track.  Download it into Xastir using GPSmap.
That'll create an ESRI Shapefile map out of it.

Repeat for more roads.  Perhaps someone on here knows how to easily
add them together to create one map out of several.

Another method would be to use an APRS tracker and then save the APRS
station's track.  That'll also create a map.

You could also take Xastir itself mobile with a GPS only, then save
your own track.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer