[Xastir] geotiff problem?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Oct 6 14:31:40 EDT 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Chris Hare, KD5WIM wrote:

> I have rebuild all the libraries following the xastir instructions.  I have
> the following installed:
> ax25-apps-0.0.6
> libax25-0.0.11
> shapelib-1.2.10
> ax25-tools-0.0.8
> tiff-v3.6.0
> gpsman-6.0.1
> libgeotiff-1.2.1
> gpsmanshp_1.0.2.tar
> ImageMagick-5.5.7
> proj-4.4.7
> proj-nad27-1.1
> lesstif-0.93.91
>
> As near as I can detrmine, everything compliled correctly.
>
> And I am trying to build xastir-1.2.1
>
> when I run xastir after complining, I get the error
> src/xastir: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libgeotiff.so: undefined
> symbol: TIFFMergeFieldInfo

That looks like the version of libgeotiff and libtiff that you're
using don't match.  libgeotiff-1.2.1 is trying to link to the
TIFFMergeFieldInfo symbol, which doesn't appear to exist in
tiff-v3.6.0.  You might do a grep for "TIFFMergeFieldInfo" in your
/usr/include directory to see if that symbol is defined.

Another possibility is that you don't have some of the library
directories added to the /etc/ld.so.conf file and/or didn't run
"ldconfig" after adding some of these libraries.  In that case the
linker might not be able to find some of the libraris in order to do
the dynamic linking at runtime.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin