[Xastir] FGD files and Re: bounding boxes

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Tue Oct 7 16:01:37 EDT 2003

>> In the case of the Ohio and Kentucky geotiff files they have no collar
>> (if
>> I understand the term collar).  The ENTIRE image is the topographic
>> data.
>> So in theory there is no need to 'remove' any of the pixals.
>
> If there's no map collar, there's no need for an FGD file --- Xastir only
> uses the FGD file to get the bounding box so it can strip the collar away.

Without an FGD file Xastir is giving errors about not being able to find
the bounding coordinates and it complains that the Map is not within
current view and skips the map. It gives the same error if you give it a
blank file.

So now I guess the question is how to I put together a valid FGD file that
has 0 (or 100% depending on how you look at it) as the bounding box.

I guess for now I'll need to wait until someone more experienced with
geotiff files has the time to take a look at the example file I posted. Im
pretty much fumbling around myself and driving the mailing list folks nuts
with my questions ;)

Thanks for the responses...it was as learning experience!

-Tyler