[Xastir] Bizarre Behavior

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Oct 8 12:19:49 EDT 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, dale huguley wrote:

> This morning's cvs update will not show icons for anywhere from 30
> seconds to over 4 minutes after minimizing the xastir window- and then
> maximizing again.  Maps show- nws alerts show- just no icons.  Running
> redhat 9.0 - 2 gig  amd  - 512meg  memory-  cpu usage shows 3 to 5 %
> during  the  "no icon show" waiting time.

Just curious, do you have snapshots turned on?  Does it make a
difference if you turn that off?

Is it possible that the servers or the internet are acting funny for
you?

When did you last do an update?  I don't think anything changed that
should have affected Xastir in the manner described.

I'm not seeing that sort of problem here.  Latest stuff.  Two
instances running, each connected to firenet 14580 port.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin