[Xastir] font names?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Oct 9 13:16:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> I just added this last week or the week before.  It's half-baked at
> best.  Best way right now is to run xfontsel, choose your font, and then
> click on Select, which puts the font name in your cut buffer,  Then go
> to xastir, delete the old font entry and paste in the new name.  Not
> elegant but it works for now.  I was hoping someone would point me at a
> xfontsel-like widget that we could build in to the program but I guess
> such a thing doesn't exist.

"xfontsel" man page:

       If -print is specified on the command  line  the  selected
       font specifier will be written to standard output when the
       quit button is activated.

Good enough?  "xfontsel" is on most systems running X11, so I'd just
go with the standard tool and parse the output.

It'd be nice if you could stuff the current font into xfontsel.
Perhaps there's a way to do that as well.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin