[Xastir] A few tidbits

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Oct 9 14:09:28 EDT 2003

I did an anon CVS checkout just to check things.  Lastest change
that I see in that code was Oct 2nd, seven days ago.  There have
been quite a few changes since then in the developer's CVS code.

Looking at the SourceForge status pages, they have a blurb about
unplanned maintenance of the CVS servers on that day.  I've had
occassional trouble with the developer's server since then, but no
long outages.

I _think_ we just passed 100,000 lines of code, just counting the
*.h and *.c files in the src/ directory.  The new UTM grid code
pushed us over the top.

Speaking of that, Olivier sent me his (really cool, really fast!)
UTM grid code.  There are minor bugs remaining in the code, which
was why he didn't check it in a while back.  It's now been tweaked a
bit so that it (probably) won't cause segfaults, and the major UTM
zones have been changed so that they're correct in the Norway (and
above) irregular zone areas.

Remaining problems are:
1) Where the zone intersections occur, lines may be drawn
incorrectly across zones (or not drawn), and
2) The minor grids are incorrect in the irregular zone areas (major
zones are drawn correctly though).

These are fairly minor problems when weighed against the
considerable gains that this grid can bring.  We'll get the
remaining problems fixed in due time.

If/when the anon server catches up again, you can try this stuff by
selecting UTM as your coordinate system and turning on the Map Grid.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin