[Xastir] xastir and Rascal sound interface

Dick C. Reichenbach dreichen at columbus.rr.com
Mon Oct 13 13:50:36 EDT 2003

If you're using Linux: You need to install and use the SoundModem
package.  I use this one http://www.baycom.org/~tom/ham/soundmodem/.
Then configure the Rascal within the Soundmodem package.  I don't know
the details on how to to that.  Then connect Xastir to /dev/soundmodem.

If you're using CYGWIN: You need to install the AGWPE package under
Windows.  Configure the Rascal under the AGWPE package.  I don't know
the details on how to do this, but here's a good page worth of
information http://www.qsl.net/soundcardpacket/.  Then connect Xastir to
the AGWPE port.

Your Mileage May (Will) Vary.

Dick Reichenbach - KC8OBZ